In this series I will focus on the delivery & customization of the Windows 10 operating system. Over the years I have deployed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 into multiple secondary schools bringing the modern OS to all users.
LTSC is my OS of choice because features are updated less frequently compared to other versions, the Store is also not included in this version. This works well in a school as we can fully manage the changes deployed to the environment. It also means there are fewer apps on the devices for students to interfere with during lessons.
I will add to this list over time but please find a list of posts below which you can read through to customize your Windows 10 environment
- Require user to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock workstation
- Don’t display username of last logged on user
- Change logon screen text
- Change logon screen background
- Change desktop background
- Hide People icon from taskbar
- Managed start screen
- Managed start menu
- Default application associations